Emergency Out-of-Hours Maintenance Issues
Should there be an emergency such as a FIRE, and life is in danger contact the Emergency Services by dialling 999 before contacting Michael Jones & Co. to report the issue.
For other types of emergency, please note the information below:
- GAS LEAK - Find the gas meter and turn the gas off. Contact National Gas Emergencies on – 0800 111999 (please follow the National Gas Emergencies advice).
- WATER LEAK - Find the stop cock and turn it off (clockwise). Please state where you believe the leak is coming from, and how it is affecting the property. If the water leak is outside the property call Dwr Cymru/Welsh Water on – 0800 281432.
- ELECTRICAL ISSUE - Find the electrical consumer unit (or fuse board) and turn off the mains power.
- APPLIANCE ISSUE - Please explain the problem, and supply us with the make and model.
OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER:-
- Is it the tenants' or landlords' responsibility to repair?
- Could the issue be easily remedied? Lots of information can be obtained to resolve simple every-day problems via Google and Youtube.
- DO NOT dismantle any appliances etc or put yourself or others at risk. If you are unsure, contact us.
- You may be liable for costs (variable) incurred as a result of a landlord arranging for someone to attend the property at the request of a tenant, when the problem has been caused by the tenant in the first place, such as a blocked washing machine, blocked sink, broken window, careless breakages, lost keys, or keys locked inside a house etc.
When reporting a maintenance issue please give us as much information as possible, supported with photos of the issue.